Thursday, November 3, 2011

Color popping up where you least expect it!

I thought, before I go on with my "vacation blogs", of which there will be a few, I'd talk about the moving Morning Glories around my house.

This year we had a bit of a drought.  That is hardly enough water to keep the plants thriving.  We did have rain but it was spotty, and so I was left to water, which was probably not as timely as it could have been.  That being said, my Morning Glories were not as beautiful as they had been in years past.  This picture is from a couple years ago when they grew all over the front deck of the house.  Unfortunately I took this picture in the afternoon, and as everyone knows (or as I learned!) the blooms are only there in the morning and close up during the day.

I also learned, that once planted, these guys come back year after year.  And they travel!  I mean, their little seeds fly around, or are carried around.  This particular summer I found them in the back yard!  In what we "lovingly" refer to as our grass.  It's just a weed pile we keep cut short.  And with all the sunflower seeds that land there from the myriad bird feeders, it's more of a mulch pile.   Since we do cut that part of the "grass" we cut down the flowers, although I'm sure they'll be back.

We do have a "brick patio" or rather a raised area that had some significance to the previous owners, and I found a few little plants growing there, and blooming.  I did get a picture of a flower, amongst the leaves, and bricks. 
Lookming forward to seeing where they show up next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment