Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not as easy as it looks...

I'm taking a writing class.  The instructor said a good way to get your work "seen" was to have a blog.  I have a blog.  Now what???!!!

Actually, I had thought about a blog for years.  But, being computer illiterate (and I still am), I didn't get one started until Google practically did it for me!  That's probably a bit of an untruth.  I typed in the word "blog" in their search engine, and the rest is history.  They held my hand, albeit it through the written word and very easy instructions, from beginning to end.

Now I guess all I have to do is figure out how to help people find it!

I tried Facebook, but they confused me.  They're not as "friendly" as Google, when it comes to making/adding a blog, to your profile, etc.

Actually the reason I started the blog was because I was laid off from my job.  Unemployment can be a motivating factor.  I thought once I got started, I'd write a post every day.  Obviously that's not happening either.   I was going to go on and on about unemployment, but there are many of us with that problem, and the news is not good, and it's hard to keep beating a dead horse.

I'm still trying to figure out a  common theme that I can intertwine through my writing.  I'll probably end up just bitching about everything, kinda like Andy Rooney.  And Andy, or anyone from CBS, if you happen to read this-when that old curmudgeon leaves 60 minutes, I'm available!

Until then, I'm going to try to write more, here or somewhere...

1 comment:

  1. I read all of your posts and thoroughly enjoyed each of them. As far as your writing goes, all I can say is "YOU GO GIRL" Kay

    ReplyDelete