Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DR part two and quest for a new mower...

So I went to the Lawn & garden show last weekend to look for a commercial mower, like they use for golf courses, so I could keep up with the mowing I had already done with the DR.  You see a commercial mower can have a cutting swath of over 62 inches, and the DR probably cuts around 26 inches.  

You can also RIDE on these mowers.  And they have roll bars, places for your cold soda, probably get high speed internet if you asked!  They're zero turn, so if you get in a tight place, you can get out without walking in a large circle, or going in reverse.  These are both issues with the DR.

I found the one I want, the DIXON.    The price is right (around $7900 for the top of the line.)  They're made in America (I'm big on that!)  They have a little flag on them.  Are you reading this, Dixon people?   I had looked at a Scag for a couple years now.  Even oogled them at the L&G show.  But at almost $11,000, the Dixon looked better and better.  And I did NOT see the little American Flag on the Scag.  Are you reading this, Scag Rep? 

 I'd be happy to take either one and rave about it in my blogs, for years to come!  But Scag, if you come through, I want the top of the line, not just one that's price-matched to the Dixon! 

As for you DR folks...I've already done bought your product, so could'ja send me a few extra blades...pretty please??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment