Monday, February 28, 2011

Mud rain!

That's what the weatherman called it!  Glad I was listening to the news, because I thought I was having a "senior moment" when I found my car's windshield, and the rest of the car also, covered with muddy spots.  It looked like I had been 4-wheeling in my '98 Grand Am.  Not likely. 

Now, I'm not one who washes their 'daily driver' every week, or month, or...well, suffice it to say my car gets washed once a year, whether it needs it or not.  I mean, isn't that what rain is for?  This morning I saw some hail at the bottom edge of the front windshield, and just shrugged it off.  Later in the day, when I went to the store, I got in and the dirt on the windshield was awful.  I was trying to figure out how that happened as usually after a rain, it's as clean as it's gonna be, until the next rain.

So what's mud rain, you ask?  Well, there was a dust storm in Texas, and that dust got carried into the upper atmosphere where it mixed with moisture, which eventually came down in the form of rain, in the Ozarks.  I guess this happens every 7-10 years although this was the first time I had ever experienced it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment