Monday, April 5, 2010

Dots, dots and more dots...

I love Tootsie Roll Dots.

Unfortunately they are not carried by all candy outlets, and some of the more uncomon flavors are not carried in my neck of the woods at all (SW Missouri.)  I am blessed with a relative who works for Tootsie Roll, and occasionally  do get some of the more uncommon varieties.  This post will just be personal observations on some of those varieties. 

 
My last "care package" was composed of regular Dots,  Valentine Dots, Easter Dots, Yogurt Dots, Tropical Dots, and my absolute favorite, Crows (that is to say Black Crows.)  One benefit of getting them straight from the factory is that the freshness level is wonderful.   I must admit though, it's been years since I've bought "stale" Dots at any store.

 
  • The Valentine Dots were superb.  Greast taste.
  • The Easter Dots were strictly okay.  Nothing too out of the ordinary.
  • The Yogurt Dots are on a par with the Easter Dots.
  • The  Tropical Dots should be sold everywhere regular dots are found.
  • Crows, or "Black Crows", are always a delight.

Interestingly enough, I found a reference to Crows in a Robert B. Parker book.  He also referred to them as "Black Crows" which is the only way I've ever known to refer to them.  It may be an age-related moniker for the best licorice you can buy.

I'm saddened that not all the big box stores carry Dots, and many of the grocery stores do not carry Dots either, except for an occasional special display.  Maybe it's time to call your congressman or congresswoman, to demand these stores carry more Dots.   Extra sales would mean beefed-up production which could only mean increased job creation.  It's a win-win situation

And...I saved the best for last...they're FAT FREE!!!



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment