Sunday, May 15, 2011

Annoying animals part 2!

I did not know there would be a Part 2 to this story, and there are no pictures, but something is getting my bird suet!!!  I have two suet feeders, for a total of 4 suet cakes, outside my back door.  The other day I filled one of them because it was empty.   In fact one of the plastic trays the suet comes in was also missing.  I shrugged and went on.  The very next day, looking outside, without my glasses on, I notice the suet feeder seemed to be empty!  When I put my glasses on, I noticed the plastic tray was also missing!

I went outside and saw that the other suet feeder had also been "robbed" and somewhat damaged by whatever was getting my suet!  I assumed it had to be something with "hands."  Could be an opossum, or more likely, a raccoon!  Then my ever faithful hushand says "maybe it's a bear!"  THANK YOU for that positive asssessment!  I do NOT want bears at my back door!!!  Even if they are now being spotted in SW Missouri!  That being said, the bear probably would have ripped the entire suet feeder off the pole, so I feel more confident it's NOT a bear!

I did talk to a friend who said she had raccoons get into her suet.  I took mine off the pole last night and hid them.  No one touched the hiding place.  For grins, we put a banana on the pole which held the suet.  The banana is still there this morning.  What...the animals are now getting fussy?  Maybe we should have peeled the banana?

No comments:

Post a Comment