Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Annoying animals...

...may abound when you live in the country.   You have to remember you moved into their habitat, and try to get along with them, but there are limitations.  Most of you may know that armadillos have made their way North, even as far as Jeff City, MO, in the past few decades.  They eat insects, mostly, so they can die off during harsh winters, but it would appear that they probably just get slimmer, as their numbers don't seem to be decreasing.  We must have one now living under the shop building, as no other animal would throw rocks out of the way like this burrow would indicate.  Even Elaine (the dog) is a bit worried.

Then, there was the rat's nest that turned up on the manifold of my "garage queen!"  I already spent a whole lot of money on chewed wires, from mice.    I don't know where the rat went, but I have not seen it again.  Suffice it to say, I open the hood every time I get in the car, to make sure the nest hasn't been rebuilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment