Monday, May 16, 2011

Just an observation...

Today I took a hike to the river to let three sliders (water turtles) go.  One of which showed up in our driveway even though we live a mile from the river.  One was a "rescue" from town (!), and the third we found on the road, also far from home.   I took them in a 5 gallon bucket thinking I could pick up aluminum cans on the way home.  When one is unemployed, one does think of other alternativves to make a few extra bucks...

But I digress...

Whomever thinks drinking and driving is on the wane, is probably badly mistaken.   I picked up 99.5% beer cans.  They were mostly the cheaper variety.  I'm assuming that those alcoholics who must have a beer in their hand at almost every turn, cannot afford the higher quality (supposedly) in the quantities they consume.   The few soda cans I picked up were the name brands.  There were quite a few plastic bottles, but those I left...only had a 5 gallon bucket, you will recall.

The majority of the cans were also on the road leading away from town!  I guess after they buy some, they must drink some immediately.  Let's not let it warm up on the way home!  And the reason there weren't more on the way to town...well, that's why they were going to town!

All this in a mile.  I could probably go further in depth with my research.  I'll have to start an outline and see what information is relevant.  Perhaps the beer companies will want to know more too?   Maybe I could become a paid consultant???!!  There might be more than  just "can" money in this idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment