Thursday, July 14, 2011

Craig's List...always something to chuckle about...

I started looking more seriously at things on Craig's List these past couple months.  I equate it to following eBay, except the stuff is local, so if I find something interesting, there are no shipping charges, and no fees, if I'm selling.  I have to say that I have never posted anything for sale on CL myself, although I have on eBay.

I do have to say that the people who use eBay seem to be a bit more sophisticated than the folks on CL.  Better descriptions,  better spelling, better grammar overall.  Today I had the chuckle of the week. 

A chair was listed as a "Chip and Dale" chair, not a "Chippendale" chair.  The chair was indeed Chippendale, had the proper legs, etc, but was probably not used by the infamous cartoon characters!    As I look at the ad again, the feet might be attributed more to Louie XIV, but NOT the chipmunks!  And did I mention, the sellers want $225 for it?

I'd bet it's hard to get serious buyers when the description is so flawed.

No comments:

Post a Comment