Wednesday, June 15, 2011

When is a yellow light not a yellow light?

Obviously when it turns RED!!!

Yes, I'm shouting "RED" as recently, I have seen far too many people going through red lights, because they "thought" the right would still be yellow when they reached it.   Although I must admit I did see someone go through a red light, from a stand still because they obviously thought the opposing green took way too long to turn red!  (It changed right after they went through the intersection.)

Now, thank the Lord that there appears to be a short hesitation before the opposing light turns green.  They used to be timed so that when one changed, the other changed simultaneously.  Of course there were people who would wait for that,  jump the gun, and race out from the light. 

When you see yellow, unless it's turned shortly before you get to the intersection, you should SLOW DOWN AND STOP!!!  If you get t-boned in the intersection, you might get killed.  (So you're now effectively out of the gene pool!  Probably a good thing.)  You might also be the reason the person(s) in the other car were killed.  And it's NOT their fault!  they were OBEYING the lights!

And one more thing, if you're behind me, I WILL stop for the yellow, so don't tailgate me, thinking I'm going to go through!  I've already been rear-ended once, for that reason, and the next time, I WILL make your life and your insurance company miserable!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment